2017 Week 1 Predictions/Results

Post scores here. Also a good place to make your weekly predictions.

Moderator: Moderator Group

Re: 2017 Week 1 Predictions/Results

Postby Mr. NCAA » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:53 pm

Mdead scoreboard has it 44 - 8 in favor of the Gladiators.
Mr. NCAA
Visiting Guru

Postby GNCrocks » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:12 pm

amped0808 wrote:
75blueandgold wrote:Gladstone 42 gwinn 0 nearing end of the 3rd

Attn GNCrocks

I for one cannot be more happier for the kids in Gladstone with that victory. It is not their fault the pussification that is happening in the administration and parents. No one can possibly defend to me and most people in this website Gladstones choice to leave the GNC. It's simply is a ***** move. It's like the University of Minnesota leaving the Big Ten to go play in the MAC Conference so they can have a better record and maybe a better bowl game. But playing in the MAC Conference isn't going to prep you for playing a team who took second or third place in the SEC. Gladstone still has to play Menomonie Kingsford Escanaba etc etc in every other sport so why leave for just football other than you are just scared and rather than step up to good competition and make yourself better they ran for the hills like a bunch of cowards. Escanaba now has half the students at had in its Heyday in the late 80s and early 90s but it didn't leave the conference and go play a bunch of Class C and small B schools period in the big schools that did play them dropped them but Escanaba would still be playing Traverse City Central in Muskegon if the Traverse City Central's in the Muskegon of the world were willing to play Escanaba. So rather than replace their big schools with bark river-harris or Norway Escanaba who lost to the eventual state champion plays two teams this season who were in the state championship last season. It is called stepping up to your competition it's called making yourself a better. The Big Ten is better because of the SEC. Michigan state is better because of Ohio State and the University of Michigan. They don't run and hide. Now I am happy for Gladstones Victory last night and they have a decent athlete in their quarterback and he's probably one of the top 10 or top 15 players in the Upper Peninsula this year. But again he's just at Gladstone, I saw a Twitter feed the other day that said that it's too bad this parents kids didn't School of Choice him to Escanaba so he could play at a real program. Probably one of the most truest Twitter statements I've ever seen. Other than Desi Schultz there's not a lot of talent that is come out of Gladstone in the last 40 years and I can name 20 athletes who are better than Desi Schultz that have come out of Escanaba in the last 20 years. The best thing that clad Stone football program has going for it is its new head coach Jeff Hanson. He is tough nosed cares about the kids cares about the program and will be a true model coach for those kids. And you know why he will be such a successful coach? Because he's from Escanaba.
GNCrocks
All UP

Postby haulpack » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:36 pm

The move by Gladstone is now done and official.it certainly wasnt a popular move to some and the feelings and opinions have been made abundantly clear.can we now move on from that issue and just talk football as we did before the move.thank you fans. 8)
Last edited by haulpack on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool and his money are soon parted,so just how long have you been broke"
haulpack
All UP

Postby haulpack » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:36 pm

Does Esky have a decent chance to overtake Menominee and win the GNC this year?they look very good.
"A fool and his money are soon parted,so just how long have you been broke"
haulpack
All UP

Postby Mr. NCAA » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:46 pm

The move by Gladstone is now done and official.it certainly wasnt a popular move to some and the feelings and opinions have been made abundantly clear.can we now move on from that issue and just talk football as we did before the move.thank you fans. 8)

I agree 100%. How was the rant a prediction or a result?
Mr. NCAA
Visiting Guru

Postby upfootball » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:01 pm

haulpack wrote:Does Esky have a decent chance to overtake Menominee and win the GNC this year?they look very good.

Esky is the favorite in the GNC this year. Maroons will obviously have a say in it and don't sleep on Kingsford.
upfootball
Founder

Postby amped0808 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:25 pm

haulpack wrote:Does Esky have a decent chance to overtake Menominee and win the GNC this year?they look very good.

From what I saw this weekend yes. The next two games for Menominee are going to be make or break for them. The Valley Football Association has put forth some interesting games as of late as Kaukauna topped a traditionally solid Hortonville team Friday and Fond Du Lac is probably the second best team in the league behind Kimberly. If the Maroons manage to get out of those two games relatively injury free, then it could be interesting.
2013 Wissports HOF Inductee
Wissports Message Board Moderator
Once a Warrior always a Warrior
Twitter:https://twitter.com/Captain_Joe08
amped0808
All UP

Postby upfootball » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:22 am

Watched the Fond du Lac-Kimberly game online in week one. Fond du Lac is a really good team. Really good...

I honestly thought Menominee was playing Kewaunee this weekend. Kaukauna changes everything. That's a much tougher game for the Maroons.
upfootball
Founder

Previous

Return to Scores and Predictions