2019 Playoff thread

Board dedicated for trying to figure out who might be where.

Moderator: Moderator Group

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby yoopernib2 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:01 pm

Figured I'd put my two cents or is it sense on this one after Ishpeming won the first time against Loyola in 2012, one of the excuses given for their loss was that Loyola played such a tough regular season schedule. So that BS can work both ways.
User avatar
yoopernib2
UP Football Guru
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby GNCrocks » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:19 am

Up Football Fan wrote:Finals:

Iron Mountain 21, TCSF 7
Maple City Glen Lake 15, Calumet 14


would not be surprised the MHSAA has Iron Mountain (12-0) play Pewamo-Westphalia (12-0) on Friday night in the Superior Dome.......................they held a Friday night semi-final in the S. Dome just 2 years ago when West Iron played Saginaw Nouvel.



WHY is this game in the Superior Dome??? should be in Petoskey or Gaylord
GNCrocks
All UP
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:25 pm
Location: Da U.P.

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby Hambone » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:29 am

Either PW wanted to play there or the MHSAA did the right thing and remembered that the highways are two-way roads. It's very possible that there was no one who wanted to host another round of playoffs.
User avatar
Hambone
Moderator
 
Posts: 3777
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:51 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby yoopernib2 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:53 am

Or they couldn't get competent refs in the lower peninsula, as they showed in the basketball finals.
User avatar
yoopernib2
UP Football Guru
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby haulpack » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:08 am

When was the last time a semi final game involving a UP team was not held in the Superior Dome since its existance? I dont know but I do know as the MHSAA realizes that the Dome makes for perfect conditions and atmosphere for players and fans statewide whos teams have earned the right to play in a State semi final football game.
"A fool and his money are soon parted,so just how long have you been broke"
haulpack
All UP
 
Posts: 2403
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:20 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby GNCrocks » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:45 am

haulpack wrote:When was the last time a semi final game involving a UP team was not held in the Superior Dome since its existance? I dont know but I do know as the MHSAA realizes that the Dome makes for perfect conditions and atmosphere for players and fans statewide whos teams have earned the right to play in a State semi final football game.


Excluding St. Ignace I know of 2, one recently...
2017. Escanaba vs. GRCC was in Traverse City
2007. Kingsford vs. Marine City was in Gaylord
GNCrocks
All UP
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:25 pm
Location: Da U.P.

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby GNCrocks » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:53 am

yoopernib2 wrote:Or they couldn't get competent refs in the lower peninsula, as they showed in the basketball finals.


Ha. Classic. :lol:
GNCrocks
All UP
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:25 pm
Location: Da U.P.

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby Nerfootball » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:55 pm

Hey GN Crocks, why are you so upset that a lower peninsula team would have to travel to the UP to play in the Superior Dome? If I were a high school player I’d be fired up to play indoors this time of year, especially in an awesome college football facility. I’d take the couple hour extra drive in a minute! It’s a great experience for the players and great exposure for NMU and UP football. But you’d rather the LP team have a shorter drive to play at a neutral average HS facility. Why is that? Are you so anti-WestPac that you’d rather see an LP team win instead of giving all the kids a great experience?!?
Nerfootball
UP Fan
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:35 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby upproud » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:23 pm

Nerfootball wrote:Hey GN Crocks, why are you so upset that a lower peninsula team would have to travel to the UP to play in the Superior Dome? If I were a high school player I’d be fired up to play indoors this time of year, especially in an awesome college football facility. I’d take the couple hour extra drive in a minute! It’s a great experience for the players and great exposure for NMU and UP football. But you’d rather the LP team have a shorter drive to play at a neutral average HS facility. Why is that? Are you so anti-WestPac that you’d rather see an LP team win instead of giving all the kids a great experience?!?


From all the negative spewed from GN Crocks throughout this forum one would believe this is a Kingsford Fan, I am not sure where the entitlement comes from but for some reason they feel they are better than the rest of the UP and that everyone in and around the UP owes them something.... I am still trying to figure out why they have this attitude since the school has not had a single success in any sport since the girls basketball team back in 2006, even in academics, they have tried to copy everything the "crappy school" across the road does and they still cant get it right.... Your 500+ student enrolled school only finished with 12 kids on your football team I wouldn't worry about where the rest of the UP is playing in the playoffs id worry about why your numbers are so low with that many students to pick from....

The lack of support is also shown in why you question a UP team getting a game in the dome, FYI Iron Mtn has more playoff points than there opponent so does it make sense to schedule the game in Gaylord or Mt. Pleasant 5-6 hours away for Iron Mtn and only 1-3 hours away for PW?

The one thing that is fun though is how much the Mountaineers live rent free in all the heads of you Flivvers struggling to swallow the success of the "crappy school" across the street....

Still trying to figure out when the Flivvers are going to play "Big Boy Football" as there fans like to say....

Hang up the pride step down from the High Horse you try to sit upon and cheer on the UP like all the other schools do.... Jealousy is a stinky cologne and Kingsford has worn it well for a long time now..... :lol:
upproud
New to Board
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby longball » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:28 pm

UPPROUD, you are a new kind of ignorant. GNCRocks is a long time, knowledgeable poster on this site, is generally right on with most topics. Like I said before, I am rooting for IM this week-end, even though they most likely will lose. Does this make me anti-UP? or can you only pick games based on your heart instead of your head???
longball
UP Football Guru
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:06 am

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby upproud » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:19 pm

I have been reading the ignorant ridiculous comments he has been regurgitating for a long time on this forum and can only handle it for so long, as far as I'm concerned GN Crocks only cares about the GNC even after the regular season when the rest of us yoopers band together, if you want to be a hater that's fine but the majority, check that, everyone else on this forum cheers on the rest of the UP regardless of where they are from but he continues to try and bash everyone not associated with the GNC... I don't care who wins this weekend all I know is I am going to cheer on the team that represents all of us here in the YOOP..... BTW where did I mention anywhere about who is picking who? My post was pointing out the fact that all GN Crocks does is reply ignorantly and sarcastically to everyone that isn't worshipping the GNC.... And as far as knowledgeable? Maybe with all things GNC, but he is suspect at best with anything else and that is proven in his ignorant comments about the West Pac not going anywhere in the playoffs because of the "weak schedule" they play.... I didn't see any GNC teams playing this past weekend what time did they play again? I did see the West Pac Champion demolish a TCSF team that had there way with the GNC Conference Champ earlier this year.... I also watched a Calumet team destroy another GNC team in week 2 of the playoffs... Don't come at me and tell me I'm ignorant when myself and the rest of the people on this forum have had to sit back and listen to this guy puke out of his mouth all year long about how awful the rest of the UP is because we don't rub the GNC's back to make them feel better about themselves.....
upproud
New to Board
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby upfootball » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:08 pm

upproud wrote:
Nerfootball wrote:Hey GN Crocks, why are you so upset that a lower peninsula team would have to travel to the UP to play in the Superior Dome? If I were a high school player I’d be fired up to play indoors this time of year, especially in an awesome college football facility. I’d take the couple hour extra drive in a minute! It’s a great experience for the players and great exposure for NMU and UP football. But you’d rather the LP team have a shorter drive to play at a neutral average HS facility. Why is that? Are you so anti-WestPac that you’d rather see an LP team win instead of giving all the kids a great experience?!?


From all the negative spewed from GN Crocks throughout this forum one would believe this is a Kingsford Fan, I am not sure where the entitlement comes from but for some reason they feel they are better than the rest of the UP and that everyone in and around the UP owes them something.... I am still trying to figure out why they have this attitude since the school has not had a single success in any sport since the girls basketball team back in 2006, even in academics, they have tried to copy everything the "crappy school" across the road does and they still cant get it right.... Your 500+ student enrolled school only finished with 12 kids on your football team I wouldn't worry about where the rest of the UP is playing in the playoffs id worry about why your numbers are so low with that many students to pick from....

The lack of support is also shown in why you question a UP team getting a game in the dome, FYI Iron Mtn has more playoff points than there opponent so does it make sense to schedule the game in Gaylord or Mt. Pleasant 5-6 hours away for Iron Mtn and only 1-3 hours away for PW?

The one thing that is fun though is how much the Mountaineers live rent free in all the heads of you Flivvers struggling to swallow the success of the "crappy school" across the street....

Still trying to figure out when the Flivvers are going to play "Big Boy Football" as there fans like to say....

Hang up the pride step down from the High Horse you try to sit upon and cheer on the UP like all the other schools do.... Jealousy is a stinky cologne and Kingsford has worn it well for a long time now..... :lol:

Take a pill. He's an Escanaba fan. 2 minutes of reading would have given you your answer.

Remember when we all backed each other come playoff time? My god.... now one negative comment turns into an ignorant fest of shots taken at all programs and snowballs and snowballs. In this case even programs with nobody involved in the conversation.

Some of you need to get a grip.
User avatar
upfootball
Founder
 
Posts: 10063
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby yoopernib2 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:32 pm

Tried to end this a while back, GNCrocks just try giving Iron Mountain the credit they deserve, just beat a storied program in TCSF 21-7 who this season beat the GNC conference champion D3 Marquette 31-17. I know you think the WestPac is a weak Conference but how do you explain D3 Marquette's loss to D7 TCSF and IM beating them. My thought is IM is by far the best team this year in the entire UP and have proven it. Not sure how they will do against PW but i'll be there pulling for them along with most YOOPERS.
User avatar
yoopernib2
UP Football Guru
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby Mayday35 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:44 am

yoopernib2 wrote:Tried to end this a while back, GNCrocks just try giving Iron Mountain the credit they deserve, just beat a storied program in TCSF 21-7 who this season beat the GNC conference champion D3 Marquette 31-17. I know you think the WestPac is a weak Conference but how do you explain D3 Marquette's loss to D7 TCSF and IM beating them. My thought is IM is by far the best team this year in the entire UP and have proven it. Not sure how they will do against PW but i'll be there pulling for them along with most YOOPERS.

I don't think we can say that Iron Mountain is "By far the best team in the UP" when they beat Calumet by 1 point.
Mayday35
UP Fan
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:28 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby yoopernib2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:11 am

Mayday35 wrote:
yoopernib2 wrote:Tried to end this a while back, GNCrocks just try giving Iron Mountain the credit they deserve, just beat a storied program in TCSF 21-7 who this season beat the GNC conference champion D3 Marquette 31-17. I know you think the WestPac is a weak Conference but how do you explain D3 Marquette's loss to D7 TCSF and IM beating them. My thought is IM is by far the best team this year in the entire UP and have proven it. Not sure how they will do against PW but i'll be there pulling for them along with most YOOPERS.

I don't think we can say that Iron Mountain is "By far the best team in the UP" when they beat Calumet by 1 point.

OK I'd rank those two schools 1 and 2 in the UP, kind of a given that Calumet is second.
User avatar
yoopernib2
UP Football Guru
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby GNCrocks » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:15 am

1. I hope IM all the best and bring home a state championship for the U.P. Always have ALWAYS will
2. I called out the location, as a question on why the MHSAA is not consistent on this. If the Superior Dome is going to be used for U.P. schools (west of Newberry-ish) then why not do it ALL the time. Why is it only for some and not others. With the Northern LP schools TC, Petoskey, Boyne City, Gaylord & Alpena having turf, its more of a central/fair location for all. While personally yes I love to see the LP team get the short end of the stick; I would much prefer either consistency (Superior Dome for ALL) or turf location middle-ish...FOR ALL.
3. While I am a Eskymo fan first, GNC fan 2nd, I am also and Always a U.P. team fan especially come playoffs. Again, I hope the Mountaineers take it to them!

However, I still, correctly, hold the mindset that the larger sized West Pac schools do not do their programs justice by playing a closed conf. schedule. Especially with the top 5/6 teams playing 3-5 games vs. schools that barley hang on to 11-man programs and that those schools would have never played before the 6 wins and your in format. The fact still remains the MINDSET (especially in IM & Neg) with the larger West Pac schools was to take the easy way, easier wins. My point is that these top 5/6 larger West Pac schools should not have to wait until the Regionals and Semi-Finals to play the likes of St. Francis/or P-W; then also add a game where you play up 2-3 divisions or more.

In short they should be playing a 6/7 game conf. schedule but then have 1 game vs a school 2-3 division larger (this does not have to be a GNC school) and 1 other game in a similar div/enrollment who is further way (WI or Northern LP) who is a traditional power house. I come from this point of view because that is what GOOD programs do for their kids, and community. As an Eskymo fan, I know, the program knows and anyone else knows that Playing TC-Central and TC West (2-4 divisions up, and good programs) and even taking a HUGE loss is better for the program than if Escanaba scheduled Bark River-Harris or Manistique. Now to be fair if larger West Pac schools wise up then the GNC will have to play 1/2 games "down" as being the Step up game for those schools and that is fine, because they will still go have the 1 & 2 step up games else where. Where is the step up games for the larger West Pac schools? Anyone who really KNOWS and has the in on these programs know that 2 of these programs specifically took the West Pac all closed conf. so they could have easy wins and get their easy 6. The new playoff format is going to weed this out in the upcoming years. If the West Pac keeps their closed conf. you will see 8-1 and 9-0 teams get 3 & 4 seeds, and deserving so. So if IM, Negaunee et. all want to be the Step up game for smaller schools that is great, but then where is their step up game? This is the last I am going to talk about it as I have said this over and over and its not an opinion its a statement of fact. If Escanaba played all 5 of their non-conf games vs. West Pac schools I would be calling them out BIG TIME. Now hopefully in the future they do have 1 or 2 West Pac teams so the West Pac teams have step up games but then the likes of the Esky/GNC will still have their step-up games. I just don't see ANY step-up games for these programs. They used too and they PURPOSEFULLY too the easy road, and are rightfully being called out for it.

With all that said I will be in the Dome Friday, come say hi, chat it up, for those who KNOW me, they know I am a UP-Football fan and GO MOUNTAINEERS! :P
GNCrocks
All UP
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:25 pm
Location: Da U.P.

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby yoopernib2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:32 am

Now that's the way it should be said I agree with most of what you have said CNCrocks, no put downs just the facts the way you see them. Thanks GNCrocks, now let's go Mountaineers!!!
User avatar
yoopernib2
UP Football Guru
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby upfootball » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:30 am

I feel now is the time to back who we have moving on... Pickford and Iron Mountain.

The debates about anything else can wait.

Iron Mountain vs Pewamo is a fascinating matchup given the recent basketball history.

I really want to see Pickford play a good game in the Finals this year and take it home. Such a great run.
User avatar
upfootball
Founder
 
Posts: 10063
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby GNCrocks » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:12 am

Don't forget this game means a lot to P-W as well who feel they were not given due credit for their championship in basketball so they have a chip about this game as well. Also I believe that IM does not think P-W the enemy from that basketball game as much as the officials. In P-W's defense and actually being more versed in basketball having been involved with a Div 2 program for a long time, P-W's coach put on a CLINIC in the last 2 minutes. He coached how you coach in that situational perfectly. I re-watched the tape...last time out he said, don't go hard, make the refs make a call. Brilliant. Now with that said, the layup was not a travel, and the last call is well we all know. But P-W's coach was brilliant in that last 2 minutes.

PW in football (outside of thier last game) was all defense, never allowing more than 1 score a game and a few shut outs. Friday or Saturday, travel or no travel I think that this game is going to be a war to be honest. Low scoring affair coming down to a last play. This is the type of game that special teams (incl 2 pt conversion plays) are going to make the difference I think. A lot of Searn folks think P-W will walk away with a win, I would not be so fast on that call. If the score stays close, IM will win and have the better team in the 4th qtr. P-W has to pull away early for their win I think.
Last edited by GNCrocks on Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
GNCrocks
All UP
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:25 pm
Location: Da U.P.

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby LukeFSM » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:16 am

GNCrocks wrote:1. I hope IM all the best and bring home a state championship for the U.P. Always have ALWAYS will
2. I called out the location, as a question on why the MHSAA is not consistent on this. If the Superior Dome is going to be used for U.P. schools (west of Newberry-ish) then why not do it ALL the time. Why is it only for some and not others. With the Northern LP schools TC, Petoskey, Boyne City, Gaylord & Alpena having turf, its more of a central/fair location for all. While personally yes I love to see the LP team get the short end of the stick; I would much prefer either consistency (Superior Dome for ALL) or turf location middle-ish...FOR ALL.
3. While I am a Eskymo fan first, GNC fan 2nd, I am also and Always a U.P. team fan especially come playoffs. Again, I hope the Mountaineers take it to them!

However, I still, correctly, hold the mindset that the larger sized West Pac schools do not do their programs justice by playing a closed conf. schedule. Especially with the top 5/6 teams playing 3-5 games vs. schools that barley hang on to 11-man programs and that those schools would have never played before the 6 wins and your in format. The fact still remains the MINDSET (especially in IM & Neg) with the larger West Pac schools was to take the easy way, easier wins. My point is that these top 5/6 larger West Pac schools should not have to wait until the Regionals and Semi-Finals to play the likes of St. Francis/or P-W; then also add a game where you play up 2-3 divisions or more.

In short they should be playing a 6/7 game conf. schedule but then have 1 game vs a school 2-3 division larger (this does not have to be a GNC school) and 1 other game in a similar div/enrollment who is further way (WI or Northern LP) who is a traditional power house. I come from this point of view because that is what GOOD programs do for their kids, and community. As an Eskymo fan, I know, the program knows and anyone else knows that Playing TC-Central and TC West (2-4 divisions up, and good programs) and even taking a HUGE loss is better for the program than if Escanaba scheduled Bark River-Harris or Manistique. Now to be fair if larger West Pac schools wise up then the GNC will have to play 1/2 games "down" as being the Step up game for those schools and that is fine, because they will still go have the 1 & 2 step up games else where. Where is the step up games for the larger West Pac schools? Anyone who really KNOWS and has the in on these programs know that 2 of these programs specifically took the West Pac all closed conf. so they could have easy wins and get their easy 6. The new playoff format is going to weed this out in the upcoming years. If the West Pac keeps their closed conf. you will see 8-1 and 9-0 teams get 3 & 4 seeds, and deserving so. So if IM, Negaunee et. all want to be the Step up game for smaller schools that is great, but then where is their step up game? This is the last I am going to talk about it as I have said this over and over and its not an opinion its a statement of fact. If Escanaba played all 5 of their non-conf games vs. West Pac schools I would be calling them out BIG TIME. Now hopefully in the future they do have 1 or 2 West Pac teams so the West Pac teams have step up games but then the likes of the Esky/GNC will still have their step-up games. I just don't see ANY step-up games for these programs. They used too and they PURPOSEFULLY too the easy road, and are rightfully being called out for it.

With all that said I will be in the Dome Friday, come say hi, chat it up, for those who KNOW me, they know I am a UP-Football fan and GO MOUNTAINEERS! :P


I am not sure the MHSAA isn't consistent with this considering how many times the Superior Dome has held triple-headers for semifinal games. I may be mistaken but I'd be willing to bet the only reason Esky in 2017 didn't play in the dome for their semi-final game was that West Iron played there on Friday night and they didn't want to have an 11-player game there along with the 2 8-player championship games. Again, I could be wrong, but I'd be willing to bet that was the reasoning
LukeFSM
UP Fan
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby GNCrocks » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:24 am

LukeFSM wrote:
GNCrocks wrote:1. I hope IM all the best and bring home a state championship for the U.P. Always have ALWAYS will
2. I called out the location, as a question on why the MHSAA is not consistent on this. If the Superior Dome is going to be used for U.P. schools (west of Newberry-ish) then why not do it ALL the time. Why is it only for some and not others. With the Northern LP schools TC, Petoskey, Boyne City, Gaylord & Alpena having turf, its more of a central/fair location for all. While personally yes I love to see the LP team get the short end of the stick; I would much prefer either consistency (Superior Dome for ALL) or turf location middle-ish...FOR ALL.
3. While I am a Eskymo fan first, GNC fan 2nd, I am also and Always a U.P. team fan especially come playoffs. Again, I hope the Mountaineers take it to them!

However, I still, correctly, hold the mindset that the larger sized West Pac schools do not do their programs justice by playing a closed conf. schedule. Especially with the top 5/6 teams playing 3-5 games vs. schools that barley hang on to 11-man programs and that those schools would have never played before the 6 wins and your in format. The fact still remains the MINDSET (especially in IM & Neg) with the larger West Pac schools was to take the easy way, easier wins. My point is that these top 5/6 larger West Pac schools should not have to wait until the Regionals and Semi-Finals to play the likes of St. Francis/or P-W; then also add a game where you play up 2-3 divisions or more.

In short they should be playing a 6/7 game conf. schedule but then have 1 game vs a school 2-3 division larger (this does not have to be a GNC school) and 1 other game in a similar div/enrollment who is further way (WI or Northern LP) who is a traditional power house. I come from this point of view because that is what GOOD programs do for their kids, and community. As an Eskymo fan, I know, the program knows and anyone else knows that Playing TC-Central and TC West (2-4 divisions up, and good programs) and even taking a HUGE loss is better for the program than if Escanaba scheduled Bark River-Harris or Manistique. Now to be fair if larger West Pac schools wise up then the GNC will have to play 1/2 games "down" as being the Step up game for those schools and that is fine, because they will still go have the 1 & 2 step up games else where. Where is the step up games for the larger West Pac schools? Anyone who really KNOWS and has the in on these programs know that 2 of these programs specifically took the West Pac all closed conf. so they could have easy wins and get their easy 6. The new playoff format is going to weed this out in the upcoming years. If the West Pac keeps their closed conf. you will see 8-1 and 9-0 teams get 3 & 4 seeds, and deserving so. So if IM, Negaunee et. all want to be the Step up game for smaller schools that is great, but then where is their step up game? This is the last I am going to talk about it as I have said this over and over and its not an opinion its a statement of fact. If Escanaba played all 5 of their non-conf games vs. West Pac schools I would be calling them out BIG TIME. Now hopefully in the future they do have 1 or 2 West Pac teams so the West Pac teams have step up games but then the likes of the Esky/GNC will still have their step-up games. I just don't see ANY step-up games for these programs. They used too and they PURPOSEFULLY too the easy road, and are rightfully being called out for it.

With all that said I will be in the Dome Friday, come say hi, chat it up, for those who KNOW me, they know I am a UP-Football fan and GO MOUNTAINEERS! :P


I am not sure the MHSAA isn't consistent with this considering how many times the Superior Dome has held triple-headers for semifinal games. I may be mistaken but I'd be willing to bet the only reason Esky in 2017 didn't play in the dome for their semi-final game was that West Iron played there on Friday night and they didn't want to have an 11-player game there along with the 2 8-player championship games. Again, I could be wrong, but I'd be willing to bet that was the reasoning


Great point, and on point. I just wish the MHSAA would actually document and discussion reasonings behind such positions. If what you are saying is true, and IF the rule is the UP team should not have to travel far, they why not outside at Mqt. high school? ;)

With so many Northern LP schools now with turf, and Esky, Kingsford a year or two away from converting as well, the MHSAA needs to actually be consistent on the dome for all Central/Western UP teams. If its the travel, then there are now options with Mqt and eventually Escanaba & Kingsford with turf. If not then just be consistent or give reasoning. This is not a complaint, TC is a freckin amazing facility. Kingsford having to play on grass in Gaylord was odd too in 2007, Flivver fans remember that one as the phantom TD catch, TV6 actually got on tape....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a7DQSbI-vc
GNCrocks
All UP
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:25 pm
Location: Da U.P.

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby yoopernib2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:25 pm

Wow phantom TD catch is right, in our (Ishpeming) 2015 game against PW there was a phantom 2 point conversion that could have been big. With them threatening at the end of the game the score 22-16, with out that bad call game should have been 22-14 best they could have done was tie. But unlike IM and PW basketball championship it worked out.
User avatar
yoopernib2
UP Football Guru
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby monizame » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:22 pm

stop your damn whining GNC guy...If you wnt to play the smaller schools because you can't beat the schools your size I feel bad for you..You came to Calumet and got your ass handed to ya...So whats your point?
monizame
Yooper Freak
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby longball » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:13 pm

monizame wrote:stop your damn whining GNC guy...If you wnt to play the smaller schools because you can't beat the schools your size I feel bad for you..You came to Calumet and got your ass handed to ya...So whats your point?



Wow, you really don't get it
longball
UP Football Guru
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:06 am

Re: 2019 Playoff thread

Postby LukeFSM » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:47 pm

Was taking a look at PW's schedule today ahead of tonight. Before giving up 35 to New Lothrop last week, PW gave up 21 points in their first 11 games...total. That is insane
LukeFSM
UP Fan
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Playoff Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron